In this chapter you will learn how to:
- say hello in German
- say goodbye in different situations
- distinguish between the different forms of the pronoun "you"
- introduce yourself in different contexts
- introduce other people
- recognise the most common names in the German-speaking countries
- spell your own name
- ask someone to spell their name
- ask someone to speak more slowly
1. Grammatically, this chapter concentrates on German pronouns and possessive adjectives.
2. We shall also learn how to decline the present tense of basic German verbs.
Chapter 1.1: Saying hello
Print This Page